[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Undefined variable: Array
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Trying to access array offset on value of type null
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Undefined variable: Array
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Trying to access array offset on value of type null
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Teach Soap • View topic - Someone wants to buy my lotion in a 'bulk tub'

Teach Soap

Soap Making Recipes, Tips and Tutorials
It is currently Sat Sep 28, 2024 3:15 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 9:58 pm 

It is my understanding that the label needs something like this: Manufactured (or made) expressly for XYZ company by Coolah's Creations.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 10:05 pm 

Ok, thanks Soapbuddy. I'm happy so long as my name can be found on it somewhere.

They're going to now send me the bottles to put the lotion in. I told them in no uncertain terms that the bottles must be new and they said that they were. So they will ship me the bottles, I will make and package, and then send them back to them to label. I've suggested that I will put a small sticker on the back stating "made by Coolah Creations", the ingredient list, batch number, expiry date, etc. Will see what they say.

Thank goodness they're just a small little place, this is daunting enough without them being some huge thing!!! :shock: :wink:

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 11:07 pm 

Will you be charging them more since you are making the labels also? It's your paper, your time and your ink.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 11:22 pm 

From my understanding, they are making the main label, I am just putting a small one on the back. So I figured no extra charge for that since it will be relatively small. I think.

At the moment I'm trying to work out a way to make larger amounts. Currently I make just over a kilo of finished product (adding up the gram amounts of my ingredients), which gives me 12 - 14 x 100ml bottles. Not sure what size bottles they are sending me, but they are already talking 'bulk' amounts and want to know how much I can make each time. :shock: I think they're confusing lil ole single mum me with a full on company lol. :wink:

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 9:52 am 

On the bright side, they must be very happy with your products to go to this much effort. Congratulations!

I learn so much when I can't leave well enough alone!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 11:48 am 

Sounds like it might be time to look at bigger batches! :D That's a good thing though right! Great to get such positive feedback!

I was wondering whether you managed to track down some testing? Have been looking over here & was quoted $650 per sample for preservative efficacy testing. Yikes!!! :shock:

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 1:31 pm 

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 1:52 pm 

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 2:24 pm 

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 4:33 pm 

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2012 5:31 am 

In the US, I think the manufacturer has to be on the label. Check your local laws!

Like us: http://www.facebook.com/AvitalsApiaries

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 10:28 am 

Why not offer to private label them for them...that way you can add a small tag line on the back of the bottle that say something like " made for ....by Coolah Creations". Offer to do the same for the soaps. Especially if think they are relabeling them. I am sure that you could use some government regulation for the justification. In the states I would say something like " the FDA requires, blah, blah, blah" No one wants to run afoul of government regs, especially if there are potential fines involved.

This might be a way for you to make some money and get the recognition at the same time.

Dawn

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 10:54 am 

Obviously, once they get it they're going to do whatever they want with it anyway...

BUT, until it's in their hands it's your responsibility. I'd still put my label on it with the ingredients properly listed.

Or you could just explain to her that you're responsible for listing the ingredients properly and following FDA regulations. If she wants to put her own label on it, that's up to her. But when it leaves your hands it needs to have things listed correctly otherwise you could be liable.

Maybe you could suggest making labels for her with her name and logo on it. That way you could still put "Made for ________ by Coolah's Creations" somewhere on the back.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 10:14 pm 

*loud...long... sigh*

I received the 'bottles' they want me to use for the lotion.

Are you ready?

* head..... desk *

They're GLASS jars, with flimsy plastic lids.
People will have to stick FINGERS (ick!) into the lotion to get it out.
And how, pray tell, will they get all the lotion out of these NON-SQUEEZABLE glass.... POTS ?!?!

I'm just... arg!! Trying to work with people who have NO clue!!! :evil: :roll:

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 10:25 pm 

:shock: Those would get contaminated with dirty fingers for sure!