[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Undefined variable: Array
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Trying to access array offset on value of type null
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Undefined variable: Array
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Trying to access array offset on value of type null
Teach Soap • View topic - Coconut Milk

Teach Soap

Soap Making Recipes, Tips and Tutorials
It is currently Fri Sep 20, 2024 1:51 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Coconut Milk
PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2011 11:41 am 

I just bought some coconut milk yesterday and I have Sea Salt. I would like to make some CP salt bars, I never used milk, so I don't know how. Actually yes, I have, I once used Goat's milk but I don't remember what I had to do. The coconut milk i purchased is in a can. Is this ok? If I don't ened up making a salt bar, i guess I just want to know how to use coconut milk in CP soap!! Sorry for the babbling!! Can anyone tell me how? Thank you!!

Post subject: Re: Coconut Milk
PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2011 11:54 am 

Yes you can used the can milk. As for how, I suggest this quick tutorial; http://candleandsoap.about.com/od/beyon ... yemilk.htm
There are 3 pages with different milks addressed, so just click the links! Have fun and breath, you can do it! :P

Tammy

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2011 2:17 pm 

If you want to know more about milk soap there's this little book, yeah, only 101 pages, talking about milk soap and the facts about soaping with milk. I learn a bit from this book by Anne L Watson:

http://www.amazon.com/Milk-Soapmaking-S ... 081&sr=1-2

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2011 3:03 pm 

I too found coconut milk this weekend and have been experimenting with it this week. I love what it does so far. I made one batch with 50/50--half my liquid water and half coconut milk added after the oils and lye water were emulsified together. It worked! I made a batch with 100% coconut milk--(in other words, no water--all the liquid was coconut milk) I froze it and added the lye very slowly stirring like crazy. It melted it and got thick but stayed very white. When the soaps got ready to cut the next day, I couldn't resist and I tried a small piece of it (no zap at that point). All I can say is WOW!. Couldn't believe how wonderful it felt--even as "new" as the soap was. I'm hoping it will just keep improving as it cures. Good luck !