[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Undefined variable: Array
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Trying to access array offset on value of type null
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Undefined variable: Array
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Trying to access array offset on value of type null
Teach Soap • View topic - Beware of Posting Personal Information On This Forum

Teach Soap

Soap Making Recipes, Tips and Tutorials
It is currently Fri Sep 20, 2024 6:40 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 22 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 3:49 pm 
Beware of posting personal information on this forum, or of giving out your personal email address via private messages!

I was just sent a bizarre email by a user who is on this forum all the time. I will not name names but I have notified the forum moderators and copied them on the email. This well-known user comes across as very friendly, generous, and almost too good to be true. It would appear that is exactly the case.

This user's email to me was rambling and threatening. It read (in part), "I've learned your full name, home address, parents address, place of employment, work email address, name of your boss and his address and home phone number, your social security number, drivers license number, soap forum login information, and your high school photograph.....".

The user made wild accusations against me because of some innocuous comment that I made. The user twisted my comment around and then threatened to "pursue criminal and civil charges against you." It was absolutely bizarre.

As I said, I have advised forum administroators and moderators and hope they can block this person from the forum. If they are unable to do that, then I may stop using the forum as this has really spoiled TeachSoap for me. I'm telling you this so you can all be very careful about what personal info you share, even on here.

Linda

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 4:25 pm 

Yikes! Thanks for sharing this.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 4:32 pm 
You're welcome!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 4:54 pm 

Always a good reminder. Thanks Linda!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 5:24 pm 

Will the administrators please verify if this has happened. I would be appreciative of an official view. This would be disturbing no matter what forum one was on.

Thank you.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 5:33 pm 

This is sad..

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 5:37 pm 
Yes, it's very sad. I know the internet can be a dangerous place, but I wouldn't think a soap forum would be interesting enough for a perv to hang out on. I guess no place is safe.

I am still awaiting a response from two of the official Bramble Berry moderators (including Anne-Marie) to respond to my email. Hopefully they will check into this and get back to me, as well as post something on this thread about the incident.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 5:44 pm 

Sorry to hear that, you have been a joy and it is sad that someone has spoiled this forum for you. I hope you do not allow them to do such a thing.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 5:57 pm 
Thank you, Selena. Everyone else here has been very nice and helpful. I have already learned so much from all the nice people on here.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 5:59 pm 

It is always a good idea not to share any personal info on any threads. Admin has been notified.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 6:26 pm 

I agree with Mella, since I have shared some of that information. Suspicion is such a downer... it would be better to clear this up!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 6:30 pm 
Yes, and most importantly, don't give out your real address if anyone on this forum PM's you and offers to send you gifts.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 7:14 pm 

I'm sorry to hear about this Midnightstorm. I hope the administrators can work this out for you.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 7:59 pm 

So sad, but in the end, we all need to be cautious about posting personal info. I hope though that you don't allow one bad apple to spoil the bunch!

Tammy

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 8:29 pm 

How awful! You have given some very good advice. I hope things get straighted out for you.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 22 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next