[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Undefined variable: Array
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Trying to access array offset on value of type null
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Undefined variable: Array
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Trying to access array offset on value of type null
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Teach Soap • View topic - luxury oils question

Teach Soap

Soap Making Recipes, Tips and Tutorials
It is currently Thu Sep 19, 2024 8:48 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Re: luxury oils question
PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2011 8:40 am 
It's on the way lmj1180.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2011 8:42 am 

Thank, SuperSoaper. You're a peach! (that's a compliment, BTW)

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2011 8:46 am 
Thanks for clarifying. Don't know how to take being called a fruit sometimes.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2011 9:09 am 

Supersoaper; yes, I meant your recipe by the "it" and Thank you, I will check "it" out! I am curious to see if mine has anything in common with yours!

I am sure that your wife, friends and family all know you are a man. And you are absolutely correct about being comfortable in what you are doing and not caring what others think. You are also correct in the assumption that it wouldn't matter what you did, as I too doubt that anyone would dare express negative thoughts in person, size often matters a LOT! As for the dress, well.....my Son dresses up many Halloweens as a female. While his close, very close, friends may have tease him a bit, nobody else ever dared too (to his face or where it would get back to him. And we lived in a tiny town where the whole town knew you had tea instead of coffee with breakfast before you left for work!) He went to college on a FB scholarship, he was a linebacker too. So I totally get what you mean, and I am sure you are more intimidating than he ever was (since you played professionally)!

And, as for Grandpa, his comments are just a part of his generation and, forgive me this next statement, no disrespect intended )my kids are 1/2 Italian), the Italian machismo. And I am sure, in part, he just enjoys razzing you, especially since you could drop that wheelchair at anytime. :lol: Grandpas can be that way. If you can make him smile or laugh, even if its at you, that's truly a wonderful thing. Some of my best times with my Gramps was when he was razzing me or my boys. He's been gone a while, but we still miss him terribly. :cry:

Anyway, I still feel that a lot of men might have a problem "outing" their typically female hobby/business, so it still stands; thank you men of the soap world for daring to be men in a soap world and sharing that with us! :D

Tammy

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2011 10:14 am 
I went as a woman one halloween from prompting by my wife and a couple horse ladies. I think they had more fun dressing me up than anything. Found a size 28 dress and my wife had to sew panels in the sides so it would fit. I love my grandfather dearly and it's returned tenfold. We spend a lot of time together while I'm there. It's more razzplay than anything. I know he's proud of me because he can't wait to introduce me to all his friends and everybody when I'm visiting. They all have an innate curiosity of what the US is like. Don't worry, I'd make you proud.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2011 10:28 am 

awe, I am sure you do, and I knew, by just the way you write, that it was razzing. He sounds a lot like my Gramps, but then again, maybe all Gramps have that in common somewhat. Thats part of what makes them Grand! :D :D

edited to add; And I so enjoyed helping my Son dress up too. It's just funny to see a big burly guy trying to adjust breasts instead of, well you know! So I am sure the women in your life had a ton of fun too!

Tammy

Last edited by LavenderLady on Mon Feb 07, 2011 11:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2011 11:09 am 

I have finally assembled all my/SuperSoapers ingredients to make lotion bars. How do you store them once you begin to use a bar? Is it ok to just let it set in a pretty dish on the counter or should I keep it in something air tight?

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2011 11:34 am 

Tammy

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2011 12:58 pm 
I feel like an idiot. Thought I sent it to you. Sorry LL.

Coming now!!!

I just lay mine on a dish on the counter. My wife keeps hers in a little tin, as does my sister. Mine gets a little dusty though so maybe a small container would be better.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 4:27 pm 

Just out of curiosity does anybody know if there is a difference in edible butters and the kind that you can soap with? I'm having a hard time finding a particular ingredient and I don't want to wait for an online order.

Last edited by hairdo916 on Tue Feb 08, 2011 5:37 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 4:46 pm 
BB carries that ingredient. So does WSP but BB's is better quality.

To answer your question regarding edible, I believe it's the same but edible butters are manufactured under different conditions....usually sanitary. Where what BB and WSP may not have been manufactured, processed, and packaged under sanitary conditions.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 4:51 pm 

Thanks so much! I will probably end up ordering from BB seeing as the edible variety is very costly in comparison.