[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Undefined variable: Array
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Trying to access array offset on value of type null
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Undefined variable: Array
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Trying to access array offset on value of type null
Teach Soap • View topic - Hello from Germany

Teach Soap

Soap Making Recipes, Tips and Tutorials
It is currently Sat Sep 28, 2024 1:24 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Hello from Germany
PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 3:12 pm 

Hello dear soapers,

it's great to have found this forum. I just couldn't wait till my account got activated 'cause I'm bursting with so many questions.

My name's Susie and I live in a small town in the state of Bavaria/Germany. Nuremberg is the next bigget town near here and just under half an hour's drive from where I live.
I only just recently got interested in soaping. Right now I am still gathering information to find out which might be the best way to start.

I hope to somehow avoid long trial and error processes because my time in which I could "get soapy" is very limited. Being a mother, full-time hight school teacher, housewife, ChildFund advocate and chairperson and team-member of a small NGO that coordinates sponsorships to send AIDS orphans in Uganda to school, there is not exactly a lot of time left for any additional hobbies. But soaping has somehow caught my interest so much that I am very determined to get started any time soon.

Actually a wonderful CP soap my I was given at a local "green" crafts fair got me interested in soaps and how they are made, but ever since I found soapqueen tv and soapylove-debbie in the net (and also here in the forum, how great!) I somehow fell for M&P. It is most amazing which creative options M&P offers.
I am already a big fan of the two of you, Anne Marie and Debbie. You have mastered the art!

I checked out local crafts stores and German soap supply stores on the net for M&P bases (which have so far been unconvincing), bought some books on CP and MP (there are not many good ones available in German) and even paid a visit to the local Lush store in Nuremberg (do you have Lush in the U.S., too?). I used to think Lush was so great, maybe also because I happened to meet the founder about 12 years ago (before Lush was even known) but when actually trying to find a good soap I was very disappointed by the odd fragrances and also the prices. Can you believe a shower-peeling soap should cost the equivalent of about 15$? No thank you. This convinced me even more of crafting my own soap in the future.

Anyway, this is just designed to be a little introduction message. It is already past midnight here, so my many questions on M&P have to wait a little while yet.

Looking forward to reading more from all of you (and eager to see your soap pictures)
Susie

Post subject: Re: Hello from Germany
PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 3:14 pm 

Welcome Susie!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 8:11 pm 
Greetings from North Carolina in the U.S. Susie. It's always wonderful to make the acquaintance of someone from another country. You'll find everyone here very friendly and helpful. It's nice to have you here.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 10:22 am 

Susie what a wonderful introduction to share with us, thank you. Come on in the water is fine and welcoming especially with a bar of hand made soap! Enjoy yourself!

Aloha,
Mella

PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2011 1:39 am 

Thanks for your warm welcome!
From everything I've read so far I think this is a very friendly forum and a very helpful ressource also.
Susie