[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Undefined variable: Array
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Trying to access array offset on value of type null
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Undefined variable: Array
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Trying to access array offset on value of type null
Teach Soap • View topic - micas

Teach Soap

Soap Making Recipes, Tips and Tutorials
It is currently Mon Sep 30, 2024 10:12 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: micas
PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2009 8:23 pm 

hi all another newbie question :oops: but first i must say i have learned alot from reading you q & a's love it!

i thought i saw this question asked(in general) before, sorry, i couldn't find the post but any way here goes..... i bought a bunch of mica's when i was going through my polymer clay stage..lol anyway i want to know if i can use those micas in m&p btw they are from a company named lumin arte

thanks in advance :D

Post subject: Re: micas
PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2009 9:13 pm 

Not all micas are safe for soap. Could you contact the company and ask?

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 11:45 am 

You definitly need to ask the vendor if they are soap and skin safe. =)
Also if you are making lip balms or chapsticks they need to be lip safe, or eye safe if you are making eyeshadws! :D

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 4:02 pm 

ty for the replies i guess i should have stated that i had ussuccessfully tried to contact the company i bought the micas over a year ago and had gotten email from the company a few months ago saying they were going out of business. i rechecked web site today and now they are back in business am still trying to reach them. ty for advice :)

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 1:33 pm 

hmmm... thats a pain....
you can always request an MSDS sheet from them if they do not know. Legally they have to give you a copy if you ask. :D It is a Materials Safety Data Sheet and it should say on it if it's safe or not... of course if they are not answering you then that is still no help... sorry.

If you PM me the company I can tell you if we have heard of them and know them to be safe or reputable or anything like that....