[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Undefined variable: Array
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Trying to access array offset on value of type null
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Undefined variable: Array
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Trying to access array offset on value of type null
Teach Soap • View topic - OK to put CP soap in the oven to go through gel phase?

Teach Soap

Soap Making Recipes, Tips and Tutorials
It is currently Sat Sep 28, 2024 7:35 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2015 5:35 pm 

I just read a blog by someone who made a very cool swirl design but she said she soaped at a low temp (around 90-100F) and then put the mold in the oven on 140F for 30 minutes to go through gel phase.
I have read about putting the molds on heating pads so I am not sure if putting them in the oven is a great idea for a beginner soaper such as myself.
Any feedback on this would be really appreciated!

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2015 10:00 pm 

What they did is CPOP, basically using the heat of the oven to help ensure a thorough and even gel phase. A heating pad is the same basic idea but just easier/more convenient. There is more info on that process in this post; http://www.soapqueen.com/bath-and-body- ... op-swirls/

I wouldn't recommend this for soaps with GM, honey, or other sugars/milks as they tend to overheat. Basic, simple recipes should be fine to do this way. :D

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2015 4:25 am 

Thanks so much! I really appreciate the speedy reply as I am planning a few hours of soaping today and got your reply right on time!
Love this forum and Brambleberry and Soapqueen! :D