[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Undefined variable: Array
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Trying to access array offset on value of type null
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Undefined variable: Array
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Trying to access array offset on value of type null
Teach Soap • View topic - New to forums and want to ask a question about packaging

Teach Soap

Soap Making Recipes, Tips and Tutorials
It is currently Fri Sep 20, 2024 12:24 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2015 12:05 pm 

Hi guys, first let me say thank you for adding me. I am new to soaping. I have successfully made two batches of rebatch soap and will try the Bramble Berry lotion kit from scratch tomorrow. I have a question for those who sell their products as my son and I already own an online business and want to eventually expand into this as well. For those who have labels made to stick on packaging for soaps, where do you get them made? I wondered if there were sites that make say 1 inch labels that could effectively close butcher type paper and would this work to package soap? Just starting out in a few months so trying to keep costs at a minimum but do things right as well.

Thank you!

Dharlee

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2015 6:14 pm 

Welcome!
I create and print my own.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2015 12:51 pm 

Thank you! This is new to me and I was just wondering.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2015 7:32 am 

Dharlee - You can find Avery labels at Office Depot or Walmart even... They give you a template.

Set up your own label design, then copy it to all the cells... Print your labels.

You can wrap in waxed or butcher paper and use the label for "tape" to close the wrapped side & ends in one go!

Good luck.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2015 4:54 am 

I too have question I would like to make banner type and include ingred but I don't know program any idea of programs

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2015 8:36 am 

After thinking about it, I saw a video on YouTube and the woman there showed how to use pastry papers that are precut to approximately 6 x 10. I can't remember the exact size, but about that. She uses long labels and wraps them around the soap tucking everything in nicely. I LOVE this method. It's inexpensive, and nice looking at the same time. The long labels do cost more, but less than using two smaller ones. You can smell the soap through the packaging as well. If anyone wants me to point them there let me know. I didn't know if it was OK to link the video here or not.

Thank you all so much!

PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2015 9:11 am 

Dharlee - That link sent me to Chuy, scouring the town for those 6" squares... No joy. But THAT is the video that got me into using the waxed paper/label method. My labels are more squarish, but the long skinny ones aren't available here. I just modified the size of the paper I wrap with, no dramas... 8)