[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Undefined variable: Array
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Trying to access array offset on value of type null
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Undefined variable: Array
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Trying to access array offset on value of type null
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Teach Soap • View topic - Help with NG decisions Please

Teach Soap

Soap Making Recipes, Tips and Tutorials
It is currently Fri Sep 27, 2024 9:25 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 6:33 pm 

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 10:27 pm 

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 10:40 pm 

April, I will certainly tell ya what I think after I soap it. I got it because Linda recommended it and it sounded.... interesting.

Thanks Linda, I will keep the lime in mind. I may blend in some eo and see how it flies, or maybe just some swirls of lime. We'll see how I feel when I get to it. I am anxious to sniff the stud.........fragrance, that is! :lol: And I have wondered for so long just what the "perfect man" smells like, it will be nice to finally know! 8)

eta: and yes Linda, NEVER ever ever tell and they will NEVER ever ever know! :wink:

Tammy

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 12:37 pm 

April, the Peach Magnolia Rasberry is a very nice blending of fruity and floral without being too much of either.

I don't tell when something has gone wrong with a swirl. In this case, my glops looked more like frosting when I finished. Just like it was supposed to. :wink:

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 3:23 pm 

:wink: Atta gril!

Hey, my FO's came today, so so will be soaping then soon!

Tammy

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 5:41 pm 

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 7:05 pm 

Oh Woman, you know it! :lol: I thought the Stud was....studly. Probably will soap out very nicely, even though I am not sure about how much I will like it. I like complex, smooth scents and I will need to see how it soaps up before I will know if I love it personally. Of course I don't have to love it to sell it! Lol The perfect man wasn't really perfect for me, but again, I think it will be good for others once it is soaped. The sweet orange chili pepper, I liked a lot out of the bottle and I think I will love it when it is soaped (but I am considering adding a bit of pepper to help make it pop). The lavender martini was interesting and different and I think it will be nice in soap. You were right about it not being in competition with my other lavenders so I think it will do well on its own. I will just need to leave lavender out of its name so they won't wonder what I did to my EO's. The peach one also smells interesting, for me this one could go either way, but I am hopeful that I will like it better once it is soaped. The clover and aloe one was a bit strong oob, therefore not quite as clean and fresh as I expected or have smelled before from other places. I am going to back off the usage rate some and see if that does the trick for a nice, clean scent.
I think that was all of them. I was going to soap tonight, but I am really tired, so I may wait until tomorrow. But as soon as something is done I will report in!

Tammy

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 9:51 am 

Can't wait to hear what you think after soaping them. :D
The aloe & clover is lighter in the finished soap.
Stud is pretty strong and holds up really well. I love watching the ladies that pick up a bar and smell it. They giggle and joke about buying it for their men.
I think a bit of pepper added to the SWCP would be a great idea.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2013 8:48 am 

Just an update on soaping these NG scents.
Cannabis rose - I ended up using 0.8 oz ppo of the CR, and then I added in 0.1 patchouli eo. For coloring I used a sandalwood and Moroccan red clay mix, some pink kaolin clay, and some colored cuttings (for a confetti layer). I have to say that it smells good and I actually think I like it. I didn't really expect that I would in the end, so this is a nice surprise. I am calling it "Hippy Rose".

Sweet orange chili pepper- This was the first one of the NG scents that I soaped and I love it. It smells divine. I mixed in some tangerine and black pepper eo, but used .8 oz ppo total of the blend,a dn it has stuck like glue. I colored with safflower, sandalwood, and annatto seed infused oil, and I topped with cranberry seeds. I am very impressed with this fo!

Lavender Martini- I soaped this one straight at .95 ppo. It is very different and difficult to describe. In fact, I have yet to come up with a name for it. I colored it with a mix of indigo and alkanet infused oil, plain batter, and plain indigo. The few who have sniffed it, have liked it. They weren't sure what it smelled like, but they liked it anyway.

Peach Raspberry Magnolia-I also soaped this one straight. I used .8 oz ppo. It moved fast and I ended up glopping batter into molds. I used alkanet and a mixture of turmeric and pink clay to color it, but it was a mess when I tossed it into the molds, so nothing fancy, just some colors!

Sweetgrass-I used .8 oz ppo straight fo for this one. To me, it is not as nice as the one from rustic escentuals/aroma haven. It isn't as strong or as sweet, and is further from the real thing, but it doesn't smell bad. I am rather bummed that I purchased a pound of it though, so I will probably try some blends in the future, or at least add some vanilla beans and maybe some powder. Anyway, it is ok and the scent is there, but as it stands now, I am not that impressed with this one.
I used spirulina, indigo, green jojoba beads, safflower, nettle, sandalwood, and a sandalwood, Moroccan red clay, and safflower blend to color. I did also lay a layer of vanilla powder to make a line, but silly me forgot I did it and stirred right through it!

Stud- I used this in a shaving soap and I really think it smells good. It is lighter than I thought it would be and I like that. I just used a plain batter to which I added some (green) jojoba beads. I used .81 ppo of the fo.

ALoe and clover- This is another one that I feel is ok, but falls short of the rustic escentuals one. It is light and fresh, but it just misses something that the other company has. I will be adding some infused clover the next time I soap this and maybe even some orange....something to help it along a bit. I did want to see what it was like plain, and it is ok, but not special. I am sure many will like it because it is light, but most of my customers like to SMELL something. This one is rather boring! I used safflower with green and orange jojoba beads to color this, and they went into a daisy mold for a woman's shaving soap.

I have not soaped the "Perfect man" yet, as every time I pick it up I begin laughing at the oxymoron that the name presents! If I can ever get it together, I will let you know what I think. I do think I will like it, just not sure if I will love it or simply tolerate it. Guess we will see as soon as I get busy. :P

Actually I have been quite busy gearing up for Summer and Fall festivals. Most recently I have made lavender, lavender ylang ylang, white sage, and a white sage mixed with lavender, orange valencia, neroli, and ylang ylang. I have to say that all smell really good! As soon as my tea pouches and muslin bags arrive, I will be making my herbal blends for drinking, bathing and therapy pillows. Oh what fun! :lol:

Tammy

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2013 9:06 am 

Tammy,

My soaps with "perfect man" have just reached 5 weeks. Fragrance is still strong. To me it smells like an aftershave that a guy wearing a gray flannel suit would have on. My perfect man is more rustic or the saying goes "he wears leather or nothing at all"- so far this is not a keeper F\O for me. I have only given 1 bar away at this time and the review was "its nice". The fragrance was easy to work with... no acceleration and the color was what I tried for (a grayish blue).

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2013 9:22 am 

Thanks Susie! Yea, I kind of thought that may be the case, I guess that's why I haven't rushed to make it. I really don't do many FO's, and the ones I want to do need to be captivating! But I have it now, so I will probably make it and someone will probably buy it. I have found that there is a customer for everything! And I don't have to love it, but I do have to have customers that love it. So we will see how it flies (or doesn't), then decide.

Tammy

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2013 1:21 pm 

Give it a chance! Perfect Man is such a good seller for me I'm having trouble keeping up. It definitely helps bring in the younger men particularly but I find women love it for their men. I got a new wholesale account because the owner said it smelled like "Date Night" and she wanted her husband to use it. (They sold out too!) :D

I learn so much when I can't leave well enough alone!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 9:47 am 

I must buy some Perfect Man, I've heard so much about it even though I agree, the term is an oxymoron!

Probably my "go to" with NG is Sweet Orange Chili Pepper, I live in Florida and everyone loves citrus, they go crazy for this one and very easy to soap with. Another I really like is NG's Narcissist; women love it! It's actually a dupe of Narcisso Rodriquez perfume (which I've never smelled, it's $70.00 a bottle). It does acclerate some but not that much of a problem if you are ready for it.

Others that NG has that I like: Cracklin Birch ~ very masculine, Fountain of Youth, Paradise Reef, Aloe and Cucumber, Sun Moon and Stars and Moonlight Tuberose.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2013 9:53 am 

I really love the smell of stud from NG, but it completely faded in my soap. :(

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2013 2:11 pm