[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Undefined variable: Array
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Trying to access array offset on value of type null
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Undefined variable: Array
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Trying to access array offset on value of type null
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Teach Soap • View topic - Help with NG decisions Please

Teach Soap

Soap Making Recipes, Tips and Tutorials
It is currently Fri Sep 27, 2024 7:24 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 10:01 pm 

I have never purchased a fragrance oil from NG and am planning on it. I have checked the forums I belong to, as well as the scent review and either these are not listed, or the comments are quite old. I am looking for masculine scents, a feminine scent, and something else. I have narrowed it down to;

I need two of the masculine scents;
The perfect man, Werewof, NG Aqua di Gio type, Blue sugar type, and Cool water type but would also consider any other suggestions you love.

Then I was thinking one or two of these. To either blend or stand alone. If you have used any of these I would love to know how they were received and their staying power.
Earl gray tea, sweet orange and chili pepper, and camu camu

I am also looking for a feminine scent. Which do you like better Amazing Grace type or Cannabis Rose type? Do you have another "must have"?

And lastly, I am looking for a clean, fresh fragrance. I had decided not to buy this scent from NG, but to save shipping, if anyone has a suggestion I will probably go for it.

Thanks ahead of time for helping me decide!

Tammy

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 6:25 am 

Sweet Orange Chili Pepper is wonderful. Love this fragrance. Behaves, and lots of time for color.

Anne

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 10:25 am 

The Perfect Man is a great scent (so is Stud!); Werewolf is nice but finishes to a powdery scent, Cool water is nice - all are super to use in CP.

Sweet Orange Chili Pepper is AMAZING!!!! Love this scent and it is bliss to soap.
Peach Magnolia Raspberry is awesome but it does accelerate a bit. Lavender Martini is another great scent and is a big seller for me, especially in lotion.
Breezes and Sunshine is a light clean scent, as is Aloe Vera & Cucumber and Basil Sage Mint (nice & green-not very minty)
Denim and Cotton & Blossoms also smell wonderful OOB, but I haven't soaped them yet.

Hope this helps! :D

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 1:43 pm 

Thank you so much Ann & Linda! :D I appreciate the help. It is always hard choosing new items, but I am such a newbie with FO's that it is extra hard for me. Fun, but difficult to choose.

Hey Linda, what does that lavender martini smell like? I mean, does it really smell like alcohol or is that just the name? Everything I make in lavender sells well, but I only use EO's and the lavender price hasn't come down a whole lot from last years massive inflation. So maybe I should look at an FO?? Last year I took Lavender, citrused lavender, spiced lavender and lavender and chamomile to the herb festival and was sold out of all things lavender midway through the first day.

Tammy

Last edited by LavenderLady on Sun Mar 03, 2013 1:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 4:16 pm 

Tammy, the Lavender Martini is hard to describe - it's definitely a lavender but it's also got citrus and other stuff happening. I sent one customer a sample lotion scented with it and she ordered ten 8oz. bottles to give for Christmas gifts! If you want a sniffy sample, let me know. BTW-I tried the Lavender Martini FO from Elements and it's not nearly as nice.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 5:23 pm 

I used Teakwood and Cardamom for one of my first soaps. OOB it was an overpowering, overly male-cologny smell. I traded it to SoapBuddy as fast as I could.

Seven months later, it has cured into a fabulous, spicy, Old-Spice type masculine scent. Almost a food scent...you could pass it off as a warm, spicy nutmeg. I regret my quick assessment.

And it is nice months later...one of my "legacy bars"!

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 9:26 pm 

I feel your pain, I always hate when I do that April! Lol But thanks for the idea.
Linda, As long as you like it and it sells, I will consider it. I just wasn't sure about a lavender fo. I have never smelt one before, except what's in the stores, and they certainly were terrible! And it will be sitting next to all my EO soaps, so I was just curious. Guess I will give it a whirl.....or at least I will put it on my final consideration list. Thanks again!

Tammy

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2013 1:17 pm 

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2013 2:00 pm 

Thanks Linda, I am ordering the lavender martini to try out. I will keep BB lav in mind too in case I need to use it sometime. I order something every month, but I try to keep it to only two vendors and this is not a BB month! Lol But really, I don't want to cut out my EO soaps, I just want to add to them. This one sounds like a good complimentary scent, one I never would have looked at had you not mentioned it, so THANK YOU!
If I had a dollar for every person that I told I was completely sold out of all things lavender last year I'd be really rich! Lol
In fact, my last lavender purchase almost caused a brawl. One woman asked me where the lavender was and I told her that all I had left was the citrused lavender. She picked one up and began sniffing and was saying "mm, I don't know" and another woman walked over and picked up the three bars that were left on the stand. Ms. sniffy was ticked! "Hey, I was gonna buy those". "um, no you just thought you might". It was something to watch! LOL

Tammy

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2013 3:25 pm 

That's funny! I have days where I sell nothing with lavender in it and other days when everyone wants it. :roll:
I hope you like the Lavender Martini as much as I do. I use it at .75oz PPO.
I was really surprised that patchouli is a very slow seller, unless it's blended with lime EO. Then it sells pretty well.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2013 5:44 pm 

Fragrance preferences are truly strange and do tend to vary from show to show, but I always seem to sell a lot of lavender and lavender blends. Everything else I have goes in cycles, but the lavender is a staple for me and has been for a good many years. On the other hand, patchouli has never sold well for me at all, unless it was in a complicated blend where it wasn't a stand out, just a supporter. Of course I never thought I'd even THINK of making a corn scented soap, but all things corn sell at the Sweet Corn Festival! Lol So I am trying candy corn, salted caramel corn and possibly just a butter popcorn. Weird in my mind, but oh well! Lol Thanks too for the usage rate, that is most helpful, I appreciate all your help!

Tammy

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 5:04 am 

NG's Black Raspberry Vanilla and Bamboo White Grapefruit are my 2 best sellers :D

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 12:56 pm 

Thanks! I will keep those in mind if I order from there again, but I already made my order.
I ended up getting cannabis rose, green clover & aloe, lavender martini, peach magnolia raspberry, stud, the perfect man, and sweet orange chili pepper. I just got and email that said they are already on their way too! :D

Tammy

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 1:11 pm 

I look forward to your review of Peach-Magnolia-Raspberry! That one sounds right up my alley.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 6:30 pm