Créme Recipe by Anne-Marie Faiola
This thick, oily crème is filled with fantastic oils that are designed to nourish your feet and hands. Smear on generously before bed, cover your feet and hands with cotton socks and sleep well. When you wake up, your hands and feet will feel soft and moisturized. The Aloe Vera Gel/Water makes this recipe especially nourishing.
Gather your ingredients:
0.5 oz. Emulsifying Wax
1.0 oz. Stearic Acid
1.5 oz. Shea Butter
0.8 oz. Cocoa Butter
2.0 oz. Sweet Almond Oil
0.5 oz. Fractionated Coconut Oil
1.0 oz. Liquid Glycerin
1.0 oz. Jojoba
8.0 oz. Aloe Vera Gel
0.16 oz. Phenonip or Germaben
.10 to .25 oz of Fragrance or Essential oil
Makes 16 oz. of super creamy lotion.
Read more about the importance of using preservatives.
1. Add the Emulsifying Wax, Stearic Acid, Shea Butter, Cocoa Butter, Sweet Almond Oil, Coconut Oil and Jojoba to either a double boiler or microwave safe cup.
2. Melt all the waxes and oils together. Attempt not to boil the product.
3. Add the Liquid Glycerin and Aloe Vera Gel together.
4. Stir all ingredients well and combine the two bowls/mixing glasses.
5. Add the Phenonip.
6. Use a stick blender to emulsify and mix the oils, waxes and Aloe Vera gel.
Note: This product will not set up until it is fully cooled. Do not pour into containers (jars are recommended) until you are certain that the lotion is fully blended and will not separate.