[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Undefined variable: Array
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Trying to access array offset on value of type null
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Undefined variable: Array
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Trying to access array offset on value of type null
Teach Soap • View topic - First Time making candles

Teach Soap

Soap Making Recipes, Tips and Tutorials
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:56 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2016 4:54 pm 

I would like to make candles for my home use and for my father in law. I used a wooden wick, soy wax from hobby lobby and a random glass jar. I didn't want to buy any jars since the wax was pretty expensive (for me) for 1 pound.

Can anyone tell me what happened to make the top look like this?

https://www.instagram.com/twistedseas/?hl=en

Sorry. I can't get the photo small enough to post here. This is my Instagram account. If you don't want to click. The top has a mottled appearance. And the melted wax has a discoloration. I mean the poured wax is lighter that the melted and cooled wax.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2016 7:06 pm 

Soy wax is known for frosting or mottling at the top. You really need a jar that has straight sides. With a curved jar, you won't get an even burn. Some fragrances can discolor. You pour lighter and the wax can darken over time.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2016 1:37 pm 

Thank you for the help! But I have to say when you said "frosting" I thought cake.