[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Undefined variable: Array
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Trying to access array offset on value of type null
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Undefined variable: Array
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Trying to access array offset on value of type null
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Teach Soap • View topic - BB Eco Chic Kit 2

Teach Soap

Soap Making Recipes, Tips and Tutorials
It is currently Fri Jun 28, 2024 2:01 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: BB Eco Chic Kit 2
PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2011 7:23 am 

Hi,
Is BB selling the Eco Chic Kit 2? I saw the pictures of it in the Photo Gallery. Ann Marie was making the soap with coffee grounds & oatmeal.
I don't seem to be able to find the kit or the recipe on the BB website.
Does anyone know the link on how to purchase this kit?
Thanks everyone!
einnoc

Post subject: Re: BB Eco Chic Kit 2
PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2011 9:57 am 

Are you sure this isn't the one? http://www.brambleberry.com/Eco-Chic-Ki ... P3639.aspx

I might have the wrong one, but it's the only Eco kit posted on BB

Brandy

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2011 1:03 pm 

There is just the one Eco Chic Kit, posted above by DenverSoap.
In the description online it says that you need to provide the coffee grounds, oatmeal and used containers for molds. =)

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2011 1:18 pm 

Hi DenverSoap & Bramble Momma,
This morning, somewhere I saw Ann Marie making the 2nd Eco Chic kit. The Spiralina kit. I already bought. I loved it! The soaps in this one were round, brown and then under the picture of the soap were pictures of Ann-Marie making the new Eco Chic Kit 2. Oh, I think I know where I saw it! In the Photo Gallery, maybe???

Now, I can't find the Photo Gallery! I looked on FaceBook. It's not there. I get Goggle Alerts every day, maybe it was a Google Alert. When I find it I will post it here.

Maybe, I'm dreaming about making soap now! Being assimilated can be so hard at times! :P

Thanks,
einnoc

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2011 7:55 pm 

Einnoc, can't help you but dreaming about soaps are sweet dreams for sure.
Just noticed your quote - it is one of my favorites. When I purchased my second soapmaking book in 2009 it was a used book and the previous owner had written a note to herself, so I did the same using this quote! Maybe someday another will add to this book.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2011 11:27 am 

Hi Susie,
Yes, I got this quote from another soapmaker, who also loved it. She didn't know where it came from either. Do you know who originally said this quote? I would like to give them credit.
I feel so pampered when I use handcrafted soap. I feel like I am really treating myself, like a day at a spa! (I can imagine!)
einnoc :P

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2011 1:58 pm 

hmmm...

There is a video tutorial here;

and some blog posts here; and here

but they all use the same kit. The molds/soaps look different because you provide the molds yourself with recycled materials. So every person making the soaps in the kit will have different looking soap. :D

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2011 3:03 pm 

Hi Bramble Momma,
Thank you so much for looking for the Eco Chic Soap. It wasn't in a video, more like a blog. Ann Marie was with a soapmaker from another country. She made the comment "This could be our Eco Chic #2 kit" and showed how to make the soap below. I will find the link someday!

Your are a sweetheart for looking for me. Thank you, again. I have attached the oatmeal soap. This is the picture in the last link you posted; http://soap-queen.blogspot.com/2008/11/ ... .htmlinnoc

einnoc

Attachments:
oatmeal soap.jpg
oatmeal soap.jpg [ 2.58 KiB | Viewed 4921 times ]

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2011 11:14 am 

I found the quote "Soap is to the body what laughter is to the soul"
It's a Yiddish Proverb.

einnoc

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2011 12:28 pm 

Thanks for doing that legwork. Did it say how far back this goes?

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2011 1:12 pm 

Hi Bubbles,
I guess the saying "Soap is to the body what laughter is to the soul" is a Yiddish proverb that has been passed down for a long time and has now been made into a wall applique!

einnoc

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2011 7:57 pm 

Yes - you jogged my memory. I read it in a catalog at my sisters house. She must have had one of those books with vinyl wall applications on it.