[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Undefined variable: Array
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Trying to access array offset on value of type null
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Undefined variable: Array
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Trying to access array offset on value of type null
Teach Soap • View topic - Microwaving...

Teach Soap

Soap Making Recipes, Tips and Tutorials
It is currently Sun Jul 07, 2024 4:01 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Microwaving...
PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2011 11:11 am 

Hi,
I'm still trying to solve my shaving soap problems! I noticed this morning, I can hardly smell the fragrance from the soap I made last night.
Does putting the soap back in the microwave so I can pour it, decrease the fragrance?

Thanks everyone for your help,
einnoc

Post subject: Re: Microwaving...
PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2011 12:19 pm 

Any time you remelt the soap, you will loose some of your fragrance. How much FO to how much MP base did you use?

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2011 1:00 pm 

Hi Soapbuddy,
I used 10 ml (2 tsp) of Lime EO & 1.25 ml (1/4 tsp) of Rosemary EO + 2 tsp. of bentonite clay.
After I had it all made, I only microwaved it for 10 seconds. Oooops! I almost forgot. These were added to 1 lb of base.

They actually look good now! I posted a picture under my other question. I was wondering because with soy candlemaking adding the FO at too high a tempature can cause problems with the scent throw. Is it the same with M&P soap?
Is there a "Bubble Problem" with cold process soap?

Thanks, Soapbuddy,
einnoc

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2011 1:29 pm 

You're welcome. Lime has a low flashpoint, which means if you heat it up, some of the oil's scent might dissipate. Candlemaking uses wicks, so that's a little different than MP soap. If you use a bell type stick blender for CP soap, there should be no bubbles in it.