[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Undefined variable: Array
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Trying to access array offset on value of type null
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Undefined variable: Array
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Trying to access array offset on value of type null
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Teach Soap • View topic - Anyone else going to the Nova Studio in Aug?

Teach Soap

Soap Making Recipes, Tips and Tutorials
It is currently Sat Sep 28, 2024 8:21 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2009 1:15 am 

I can't wait! I get to meet Soapylove and watch her do her thing! I want to also go to the Nova Studio Boot Camp for soaps and other B&B products.
One day I'll get to.
I hope.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2009 10:56 am 

I wish, but I'm too far away.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2009 2:19 pm 

Hi FoHo. I'm hoping to go. I live very close and have had the pleasure of taking a class from Debbie/Soapylove at Nova. I have to arrange for someone to watch our kids (rather than a sitter) and I'm working on that now. My hubby already took dibs a long time ago on that day for a jazz workshop which is okay - we are both challenged with our - creative juices (in a good way) and finding time to learn from others. I'll keep you posted

A Slice of Delight

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2009 6:29 am 

It's about a 6 hour drive for me, but I'm going! I've never been to any kind of class before and am so excited I can't wait! I just traded with a guy at work who is going to work for me the next day so I don't have to rush back and go straight to work. I already have the actual day of the class off.
Should I bring a notebook or can I bring a tape recorder? I swear if I don't take notes on everything I forget within hours. *L*

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2009 10:09 am 

The class was fun! It was great to meet Soapylove! I didn't take many notes like I wanted to...I now wish I would have.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2009 11:46 am 

I'm not quite there yet as far as being able to go to Nova Studio. I'm hoping to be ready when Anne-Marie has one again. I live relatively close. But I wasn't ready yet for this last one.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2009 7:45 am 

I would love to attend that one as well! That's a little farther for me to go but one day I will. I would also love to attend Lori Novas 4 day B&B bootcamp one day. But right now in this economy I can't swing it. There are conferences I'd love to go to as well, like the big one I just missed in Palm Springs.
I'm sure you'll have fun sandbar when you get to attend!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2009 9:12 am 

I would KILL to go but I live in Ireland so there NO hope at all ... unless I win the lottery and then I'm there!!!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2009 4:59 pm 

Hey Honey...maybe you can do some fundraising with whatever you make...and do it online. Make up a blog or something and put your story in there about how badly you want to go to a conference. You can figure out which one you'd like to go to and start from there. You can shout the word out all over the world on the internet, especially to other B&B people. Then do a daily journal from day one of your fundraiser all the way up until you get back home to Ireland. Include lots of pictures from day one.
Do you need someone to double dog dare ya? Cause I can do that. :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2009 7:41 pm 

I TRIPLE dog dare ya!!

:twisted:

- [i]

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2009 12:48 am 

:lol: :lol: :lol: Ladies!!! Get someone else to pay for my trip? Now that'd be too cool but I couldn't do it ... I've never taken anything from anyone and always waited til I could pay my own way and it'd be just against my nature.

But, believe me, one day I shall be there and loving every second of it!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2009 7:42 am 

It's not like that Honey...nobody would be paying for you. See? That's the beauty of this! You are still paying your own way. By advertising that you are from Ireland and want to come to the US to take some classes, especially within the B&B world, people would buy whatever you were selling. Oh oh oh! You know what would be cute on your blog? You could do a little video about yourself and maybe the area you live in. We'd see where you were coming from and hear your voice! I love accents! People like to pamper themselves and splurge a little once in awhile. If you made your blog interesting and fun, I bet you'd make it to whichever conference/ classes you wanted to go to.

WOW! I just googled what it would cost to fly from Dublin Ireland to San Francisco leaving Sept. 21st and returning the 28th. That would be for Lori Nova's 4 day Boot Camp for example, with some extra days to tour the Bay area. Not bad! $707.00!!!
Then add in the cost of her class...
707.00 flight
745.00 class
Then a hotel room for the 10 days, or you can stay for less than 10 days of course. I'm sure we could google you a room for somewhere around $60.00 to $100.00 a night. At the most right now we're up to...$ 2,452.00
Then add some spending money for food and fun and you're here!

There are other classes/conferences that are cheaper than this, and some for less than 4 days. This was just an example.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2009 8:49 am 

FoHo, I think I may love you!!!

That's a very good idea and one I may steal into the future - at the moment, I'm still in the process of setting up to sell, got lots of organising and stuff to do first (and waiting for the pay check each month of course to do the next bit!). However, when I'm up and selling, that sounds like a very tempting way to fund a trip over there... you got me thinking!!!!! How cool would that be? The video thing is a good idea but not sure I'd want to be the star - makes me go "gulp" just thinking about it!!! :lol:

Of course, there's always the lottery and I could go first class and do it in style!!!

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2009 10:02 am 

Let us know if you do it. I'd love to watch it all unfold. And you wouldn't have to put yourself in the video if you didn't want to. You could video like your town, points of interest, stuff like that. You could narrate it though! You know, kinda give your viewers a feel of where you're coming from. I can't get over how cheap the flights are! That really surprised me! I was thinking a flight would be like 2 or 3 thousand.
Maybe you can plan it for the Handcrafted Soapmakers Guild in April of 2010. It's in Denver Colorado. That's a beautiful state! I'll be going to that one for sure now that I know it's in Denver. Just think of all the people you'll meet there that are the leaders in this biz! I can't wait to meet them all!

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2009 11:34 am 

It could be possible FoHo ... one day I will be at something for sure, I will swear to it!!!