[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Undefined variable: Array
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Trying to access array offset on value of type null
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Undefined variable: Array
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Trying to access array offset on value of type null
Teach Soap • View topic - Melt and Pour Confusion - Help!

Teach Soap

Soap Making Recipes, Tips and Tutorials
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:41 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 9:48 am 

So I was watching MP videos and came across one where the soap maker says that the oils she adds to her MP Base add lather and that her soap needs to cure.

Now I am no professional by any stretch of the word but I thought that if you add oil/butter to MP it doesn't add lather because the base is already saponified and there is no extra lye to turn the oil into soap. I also thought it didn't have to cure.

I am not trying to get this soap maker hate I am simply curious. Her sops look absolutely lovely and she seems like a very friendly woman.

Video: http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=3RjehTbgwXQ

If you could explain this to me that would be wonderful!
Cait

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 12:49 pm 

Adding oils to a MP base in only small amounts is fine, but if you add too much, you will loose lather. MP soap needs no cure. Take that video with a large grain of salt.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 9:06 pm 

Agree 100% with soapbuddy. There is also a post here that talks about MP including a little on adding oils and butters. http://www.soapqueen.com/bath-and-body- ... pour-soap/ :D