[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Undefined variable: Array
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Trying to access array offset on value of type null
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Undefined variable: Array
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Trying to access array offset on value of type null
Teach Soap • View topic - made my fisrt loaf and have questions

Teach Soap

Soap Making Recipes, Tips and Tutorials
It is currently Sat Jun 22, 2024 2:44 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 2:29 pm 

ok befor i say anything a underdtand that i dont have all of my tools right now but i still wanted to play around with my loaf. I used the swirl kit from bb. what i know i did was put it too much fo and i was unable to measure out my layers or was unble to take my tem of the layer befor each poor. so i no i need to get a scale and a temp gun

anyways i made my soap i was too melt 2lbs of clear soap and 1lb of white now with the layers i kind of have to wait for each layer to hardnen befor i pour the next layer so the remaming soap was starting to get hard i kept on reheating the soap im not sure if that was the right thing to go but thats what i did. and forsome reason my layers arnt sticking i did spay with alcohol but my base layer when i but from the loaf i could pull it off and when i rub my finger across the bar i can feel where layers are ins some spots. also my top layer looked wrinked it was not smooth at all. any advise

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2013 12:26 am 

I think your bottom layer might be getting too hard before you pour your next one. That caused mine to not stick together on some other ones I made. Your top layer getting wrinkled might be from movement to your mold or around the counter your mold is on, making ripples on the not quite hardened top layer. As far as feeling the separate layers, I am assuming thats all in the timing of the pouring process as well, but I am not sure. I would like to know the answer myself. It was worlds different for me once I found my fiance's temp gun. I guess you could try to get used to how the outsides of the containers/molds feel temperature-wise until you can get a temp gun.