[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Undefined variable: Array
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Trying to access array offset on value of type null
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Undefined variable: Array
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Trying to access array offset on value of type null
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Teach Soap • View topic - What's this??

Teach Soap

Soap Making Recipes, Tips and Tutorials
It is currently Thu Sep 26, 2024 3:18 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: What's this??
PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 2:41 pm 

This is my liquid soap cooking on the stove! Looks like apple sauce phase!! Yay!!! So far no volcanoes!

Post subject: Re: What's this??
PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 3:27 pm 

Yay!!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 3:35 pm 

Looks good! Keep on stirring. :D

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 3:39 pm 

It is now translucent but not quite done yet! At this stage Anne Marie said 1 or 2 more hours then off the heat and do the mug test!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 6:21 pm 

Around 1.5 hours after the last post I decided to try the dilution test and see if it turned milky or was nice and clear.....

The little piece on the side stuck to the dish, I suspect that that small piece wouldn't change the result! I love how it's so clear I can see the pattern on my counter top through it!! :mrgreen: Yay! Now to get some iodized table salt so I can dilute some and then properly thicken it!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 7:44 pm 

Wicked!!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 7:54 pm 

Think I will make some rose body wash for my husband's Nan. Her birthday was Monday, so its pretty much perfect timing!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 8:21 pm 

I just scooped the 90% cool paste into containers and put them in my fridge! I have almost 2lbs! One thing I noticed though, with all of my books and tutorials, is they say how to lower the pH but none actually say what pH is good! Mine is 7.5-8 ish. It left my skin super soft when I washed my hands after filling those containers! Also, whats the deal with sequestering? My research is about 50/50 for those that sequester and those that do not.

Thanks guys! <3

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 10:46 pm 

7.5 to 8 pH is fine. I don't sequester. I pour into bottles as soon as it's diluted and fragranced.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 4:50 pm 

Me, too. I didn't even know about sequestering until after I had made my first batches and they turned out just fine. 8)

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 10:34 pm 

I did a 2 cup paste 12 cup H2O batch today, as AM suggested in the paid video (I used that recipe too). Only thing I found was that I needed a LOT more salt solution than she did, and it made 2 of the batches a bit cloudy. Thickening grapefruit EO with salt solution is tough! It is almost pearlized now though! I'll post some pics of my soap bottles tomorrow or Saturday!

Thanks for the help and comments guys! <3

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 10:36 pm 

I'll have to trade you my bubble bath learning for your liquid soap learning once you've got it all down pat. 8) :lol: :twisted:

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 5:18 am 

Fantastic Heather! I love reading about your adventures. :)

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 3:35 pm 

My slight experience is that rosemary-mint essential oils made the soap more clear, while any citrus or floral EO made it cloudy. I don't care much, but it was interesting! I really like mint-orange and ginger-lemon scents, along with rosemary mint and lavender-ylang ylang, and some of those combos made for a more cloudy soup.

Like us: http://www.facebook.com/AvitalsApiaries

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 3:44 pm 

Citrus oils thinned my soap down and Lavender oil made it thick like a thick gel.