[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Undefined variable: Array
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Trying to access array offset on value of type null
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Undefined variable: Array
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Trying to access array offset on value of type null
Teach Soap • View topic - Emulsified Sugar Scrub

Teach Soap

Soap Making Recipes, Tips and Tutorials
It is currently Thu Sep 26, 2024 3:24 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Emulsified Sugar Scrub
PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 5:34 am 

I was on Susan's site and my brain hurts! Lol my hand hurts from writing all my notes too! Anyways, so much info but Im so confused at the moment and I hope someone can clarify for me. I found the basic body butter recipe from swiftcraftmonkey and the tutorial and I'm ready to try it out. She gives percentages of everything...water, oils etc. but it doesn't add up to 100%. I'm not sure if something is missing or what. Should the total 100% include preservative and FO or just oils, butters, waxes, water, glycerin and cetyl alcohol? This is what she lists...

59% water
2% sodium lactate or glycerin
10% oils
15% butters
3% cetyl alcohol
7% ewax
.5-1% preservative
1% FO

Total 98% or 96% without preservative and FO.

My second question is about the preservative. She used liquid germall plus and of course I don't have that but I do have phenonip. Would this be an ok sub and according to her chart it can be added at the heat or cool down phase. Anyone have experience they can share?

Thanks all!

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 6:07 am 

Are you trying to make a sugar scrub (like your title says) or a body butter?

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 7:16 am 

OMG! My bad! I have too many products on the brain! Yes, I'm trying to make a body butter NOT a sugar scrub! Any advice is surely appreciated! :)

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 1:47 pm 

Just adjust the water to 61% or if you like, add 2% aloe vera or similar bioextract instead.