[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Undefined variable: Array
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Trying to access array offset on value of type null
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Undefined variable: Array
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Trying to access array offset on value of type null
Teach Soap • View topic - Facial Cleansing Scrub ??s

Teach Soap

Soap Making Recipes, Tips and Tutorials
It is currently Fri Sep 27, 2024 3:17 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 5:23 pm 

I am wanting to formulate some scrub recipes because I have several of my friends and family asking for some. I love to do them and I have one recipe that I absolutely love but not everyone does. Some love it because it is a great after shave scrub or just a quick in the shower scrub but one of my friends asked if I could make a facial cleansing scrub. I have no idea how to go about this. I am just completely stumped on even the base ingredients. I assume glycerin, a beneficial oil, and ???? Here's where I am stumped. I would like it to be "clear", is there an emulsifier/thickener that stays clear? I know E-wax will turn white when mixed with water. I need help please. Thank you. I don't have any ingredients on hand yet and am trying to get an idea of what I may need to order but I don't want to order a bunch of stuff and not know what to do with it. Thanks again.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 5:28 pm 

I don't know of a scrub that would end up clear. Any exfoliants you add will make it white, tan or brown. Glycerin is water based and will not stay mixed with just oil. You can make an emulsified scrub, but it will not end up clear.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 5:54 pm 

Ok, so no clear. That's fine. I guess maybe the correct description would be not so hard where you have to scoop it out of a jar but more jelly like so it can be squeezed out of tube. Something similar to like the Clean and Clear facial scrubs. Does that make sense? I am unsure what kind of exfoliant I am wanting whether it is sugar or jojoba beads or some sort of ground up seeds. Am I thinking more of a thick liquid soap with exfoliators versus a scrub? Like I said, I don't even know where to start.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 7:17 pm 

I guess you could make liquid soap, but don't dilute it as much, so it's thick. then add an exfoliant to it.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 8:51 am 

I had some facial grains that were very good. It was a dry mix of oat,almond,cornmeal and little shreds of oat&almond soap.

I just scooped up a little and ran my fist under water and it turned into a really good scrub.

Donna