[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Undefined variable: Array
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Trying to access array offset on value of type null
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Undefined variable: Array
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Trying to access array offset on value of type null
Teach Soap • View topic - Questions about sugar scrubs and foot soak granules

Teach Soap

Soap Making Recipes, Tips and Tutorials
It is currently Sat Oct 05, 2024 8:19 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2009 8:51 am 

Hi all!!

I was reading Soap-Queens tutorial and comments on Cinnamon Sugar Scrubs, and one person commented on putting preservatives in the sugar scrub. Anne-Marie responded with if using just FBB and fragrance you don't need a preservative but if using FBB, fragrance and sugar you do. My question is that the tutorial does not list a preserative in the ingrediants, unless the oil you put in is a preservative?

Here is a link to the tutorial so you can see the ingrediants http://soap-queen.blogspot.com/2008/10/ ... -gift.html

And also does anyone know if Bramble Berry still sells FBB? I couldn't find it on their site!

As for the foot soak granules, I had a friend give me some as a present and I would like to make some of my own. They appear to be just sea salt with color and fragrance. Does anyone know if taking dead sea salt and adding color and fragrance would be the way to make these?

Thanks for any help!!!

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2009 12:01 pm 

Commercially made bath butter does have a preservative. If you are making your own, you will need to add one. No oils will preserve your formula. If there is any chance that a product could get moist from your fingers or water introduced to your product, a preservative is needed.

For a foot soak just about any salt will do. For longer term storage, dead sea salt still has some moisture in it. The salt can get hard over time. I would use regular sea salt and epsom salt mixture. EO or FO is fine. Be careful with liquid colors as that can hasten the process of the sea salt getting hard and lumpy. Just don't use too much.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2009 12:54 pm 

Thanks!!!

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2009 1:33 pm 

You're welcome.