[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Undefined variable: Array
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Trying to access array offset on value of type null
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Undefined variable: Array
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Trying to access array offset on value of type null
Teach Soap • View topic - Looking for the....HAIR MASTER out there!

Teach Soap

Soap Making Recipes, Tips and Tutorials
It is currently Sat Jul 06, 2024 4:45 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2009 10:24 am 

Hello All~

So I'm down right driven to find great recipes for shampoo, conditioner, and solid shampoo/conditioner bars. I've come across some recipes that folks have pointed me to. My question is has anyone out there actually made some that works great? I've also tried the bases from various suppliers (I know it's kind of cheating) and really haven't had that "Ahhh Haaa" moment with any of them.

So I'm seeking a hair master out there that can give me some recipes to make (tried & tested). I'm crafty, and can probably find the ingredients on my own, I just need some direction :D Thanks to all........I love this forum!

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2009 9:50 am 

Hello bathtalk,
I'm like you, I've been experimenting with some shampoo bars that I made (my son is my guinea pig) he just uses whatever I tell him and he loves the handmade stuff (he is 7 though) I made a shampoo bar for blond hair that is working fine so far, I first infused the oils with chamomile and calendula petals, also instead of just pure water I used chamomile and calendula infusion, after 3 weeks I rebatch the shampoo bars with some almond oil and more chamomile and calendula infusion, my son's hair is very soft and has golden highlights, I also made some conditioner with chamomile infusion and sweet almond oil, I personally have tried the conditioner but since I have dark hair I used fresh brewed coffee instead of chamomile and it works just fine for me (the smell isn't great) but if you want I can share my recipes with you, just let me know

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2009 9:28 pm 

Hi Ido ~

I would absolutly love for you to share your recipes. You can email me at bathtalk@yahoo.com...thanks so much they sound wonderful!

Sincerely,

Michelle

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2009 11:28 am 

If you will share on the forum too, that would be appreciated. :)

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2009 8:39 am 

Here is the recipe that works wonders for my hair (please forgive me if I'm a little bit off with the ounces, I don't have my notebook with me, but you can run it through a lye calculator to make sure of the measurements) here are the ingredients:
6.3 oz wheat germ oil
6.3 oz palm oil (I heard this leaves a film or residue on your hair, I haven't got that yet, I think)
5.2 oz Coconut oil
2.1 oz Jojoba oil
1 oz castor oil
7.2 oz. water
3 oz lye
(I have used infusion of cinnamon and rosemary instead of plain water, the cinnamon gives a nice pinkish color to the shampoo bar, also have used chamomile and calendula infusion)
Also I like to rebatch the soaps to incorporate more of the infusions when I remelt the soap.
Also I read before that the first times you use a shampoo bar your hair isn't that nice and shiny because it has to work getting the residues of commercial shampoo and hard water off your hair and that is exactly what happened to me and my son, the first like two times we used it our hair wasn't soft and shiny, but now is just wonderful.
Also I like to rebatch the soaps to incorporate more of the infusions when I remelt the soap.
I hope this recipe works for you or at least give you some ideas.

If any of you have any suggestions for this recipe or shampoo bars, I would love to hear about it.
Thanks
Ido

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2009 1:11 pm 

Thank you for the recipe Ido!
I can't use shampoo bars myself, but some people just love them!