[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Undefined variable: Array
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Trying to access array offset on value of type null
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Undefined variable: Array
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Trying to access array offset on value of type null
Teach Soap • View topic - Is this legit?

Teach Soap

Soap Making Recipes, Tips and Tutorials
It is currently Thu Jun 06, 2024 11:22 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Is this legit?
PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 2:05 pm 

Has anyone used New Directions Aromatics? It seems very strange that they would need a social security number to place an order. I have read their explanation as to why but it still seems a little bit funny. Should I be leary?

Post subject: Re: Is this legit?
PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 2:08 pm 

Sorry- I meant to post this to off topic but I'm not sure how to change it.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 2:20 pm 

I believe you need to be a business to order from them. Will it accept it if you leave it blank?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 3:11 pm 

I didn't complete the order because it seemed odd. I have ordered from many other companies and this has not been a requirement.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 5:21 pm 

Hi:

That seems odd to me, too! I would have backed out of the order, as well. If they require you to be a commercial business to place an order, I would think that they should give you the option to put your business TAX ID number instead of your SSN???

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 7:23 pm 

It did say that many people choose to have it sent to their work so they can give them their work's IRS number instead. Is an IRS number a tax id number? Anyway, I just don't feel right about giving a social security number just to order some bottles and oils!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 7:41 pm 

Hmmm, I was curious so I logged on and I was able to create an account using my business name (Heavenly Scent Soaps) and my State of Wisconsin Entity ID Number (which is a 7-digit number).

Looks like they have some neat stuff!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2009 4:50 am 

I don't sell so I don't have anything but my SSN. I liked alot of their stuff also. Thanks!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2009 7:27 am 

I created an account with them recently and don't remember having to give my SSN. In fact if I had to, I KNOW I would not have under any circumstances... I'm just that way.

So I just logged on and looked at my account details. Sure enough there is a box there for IRS Tax number but mine is left blank. It does not have the little red " * " so it is not required.

Just to test I did a pretend order and went all the way to the point just before confirming the order and I had no trouble.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2009 8:35 am 

I guess I just got scared and ran too soon! Thanks to all of you for helping- next time I'll check it out more thoroughly!