[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Undefined variable: Array
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Trying to access array offset on value of type null
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Undefined variable: Array
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Trying to access array offset on value of type null
Teach Soap • View topic - Salve Dispensar/Pump?

Teach Soap

Soap Making Recipes, Tips and Tutorials
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:53 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Salve Dispensar/Pump?
PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2016 12:49 am 

I usually make about 4 gallons of salve at a time with a base of 1 part wax to 8 parts coconut oil. I make this in a double boiler.

The problem is transferring the salve from the double boiler to the 2 oz containers without making a huge mess.

Is there any equipment that can make my life easier?

The only thing I have thought of so far is using a nacho cheese pump.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2016 8:27 pm 

Hi there! They have some pretty cheap "liquid" dispensers on amazon that work well filling my lotions. I make some pretty thick ones that go thru very easily and should work for your salve. Especially while still warm. I hope that helps.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2016 3:06 pm 

There is a metal candle pitcher/pourer that has a spout. Or you could buy a stainless steel water pitcher with a spout.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2016 2:08 pm 

Thanks for the replies.

So the main issue was that I needed something with a heating element to make sure my salve wouldn't solidify during filling the containers.

KatCrafter - I have an A03 filling machine that I use for my tinctures. I'm guessing that is what you use. Thanks for your suggestion, but it won't work for my salves.

soapbuddy - I think I know what you are talking about. I almost bought on of those. Thanks for your time :)

I ended up getting a hot fudge/nacho cheese pump. I am yet to try it out, but think it will work well.

I appreciate all the responses. Thanks a bunch everyone!

Merry Christmas :)

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2016 8:03 pm 

Either of the pitchers I posted above can be used on an electric candle warmer to keep the balm fluid.