[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Undefined variable: Array
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Trying to access array offset on value of type null
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Undefined variable: Array
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Trying to access array offset on value of type null
Teach Soap • View topic - Bath bomb trouble

Teach Soap

Soap Making Recipes, Tips and Tutorials
It is currently Wed Jun 26, 2024 2:35 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Bath bomb trouble
PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2014 12:54 pm 

Hi all, I've been trying a few different methods of making bath bombs, and finally got a recipe that will mold (they had a tendency to activate before their time otherwise). But whenever I put them in the bath, I end up with a bunch of white crumbles in them. When it's fizzing the bath bomb actually looks a bit like coral. Any ideas what I'm doing wrong?

Recipe:
1/2c baking soda
1/4c citric acid
1/4c dead sea salt
2 tsp olive oil
few drops of fragrance

As a side question, can I use mica in bath bombs and have it mix with the water? I tried using mica in just bath salts and all it did was sit on top of the water.

Post subject: Re: Bath bomb trouble
PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2014 10:27 am 

Try mxing your citric acid and baking soda a little longer maybe? Also, make sure there are no clumps. If they activate before you mold or during molding you have to much moisture in the mix. Use a little less oil and you should be fine!

Mica is Okey to use in the Bo,bs, I personally like the la bomb colors and using different clays such as rose clay.

I hope I helped a bit!

Post subject: Re: Bath bomb trouble
PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2014 5:16 am 

So it was the dead sea salt that was the problem. I switched over to epsom salts, and the crumbles went away. I did try mica (the La Bomb colours I ordered aren't quite here yet), and it did a pretty nice job. If I added "too much", I guess, it mixed with the oil and just sat on top.