[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Undefined variable: Array
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Trying to access array offset on value of type null
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Undefined variable: Array
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Trying to access array offset on value of type null
Teach Soap • View topic - Lotion labeling question

Teach Soap

Soap Making Recipes, Tips and Tutorials
It is currently Sun Sep 29, 2024 5:18 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Lotion labeling question
PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2013 1:11 am 

I'm going to be using liquid Germall Plus as my preservative.

Do I list it on the label as:

1. Preservative (and then list the ingredients in Germall +) or

2. Preservative (Germall Plus - and then list the ingredients) or

3. Germall Plus (and then the ingredients)

:? :? :? :?

I'm inclined towards either #1 or #2 - my thinking is that people will want to know there is a preservative but don't care which one I use (as long as they can tell that it's not a paraben, if they care about such things.).

And I'm not sure most folks would recognize Germall Plus as a preservative if they fell over it in the road.

Any thoughts?

Thanks.

Anita

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2013 8:29 am 

I would list it as Germall Plus. Since it's used at a very low %, list it last.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2013 3:46 pm 

legally you are required to list the ingredients in the germall, not its name and not that it is a preservative. Fragrance is the only thing that can be generalized and called by its category. And anything under 1% of the total ingredients can be listed in any order at the end of the ingredient list. So if you add color or fragrance that is under 1%, you can list the ingredients of the preservative, the colorant ingredients, and the word "fragrance" in whatever order you choose, so the preservative ingredients could be last or the color ingredients last.

Tammy

PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2013 9:13 am 

I decided to go with Door #1. :lol: I figure, if I have someone who knows enough to ask, I can always tell them it's germall +.

Thanks for the input.

Anita