[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Undefined variable: Array
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Trying to access array offset on value of type null
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Undefined variable: Array
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Trying to access array offset on value of type null
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Teach Soap • View topic - Natures Garden...

Teach Soap

Soap Making Recipes, Tips and Tutorials
It is currently Tue May 14, 2024 5:59 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Natures Garden...
PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2015 10:10 am 

I have heard mixed reviews. Any opinons here? I love love love love their prices, but scared it might be too good to be true. I love BB scents and everything BB, but looking for a few options to cut down my prices.

Anything you have tried and loved, or tried and hated. I do CP and bath bombs.

Post subject: Re: Natures Garden...
PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2015 11:52 am 

I got some samples from them, haven't had a chance to soap them. They get good reviews on this forum and another forum I frequent.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2015 5:10 pm 

I just got some but haven't tried them yet. I was a little taken aback that they are in plastic bottles.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2015 8:54 pm 

what size did you order? I didnt think they COULD be in plastic. Does that mean I would need to get other containers for them ASAP?!? Maybe thats where they are cheaper in price?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2015 9:08 pm 

I ordered about 5 fragrances from them a little over a year ago and I was very happy with the scents. I don't like the plastic bottles but it wouldn't keep me from ordering from them again.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2015 9:31 pm 

Is the plastic safe for the oils, or do I need to move them into glass?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2015 9:50 pm 

The ones I have left have been in the plastic bottles, they still smell the same, however, one of the bottles of a dark color fragrance has discolored to yellow. That makes me think the oil is leaching into the plastic and vice versa. To be safe, you may want to switch them to glass. If I place an order from there again that's probably what I'll do if I have any left over.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2015 10:09 pm 

Gets expensive switching to glass, as you often want the colored, so the light doesnt get to it. I only buy in 1lb or bigger sizes, as I go through it SO fast!

But their price point is good. I have 12 scents in my cart currently waiting to get at the end of the month. Even with buying a dozen mason jars, still a great price

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2015 10:14 pm 

If you go through the oils fast maybe the plastic won't make a difference. These have been sitting in my closet for over a year now. I think it's time to do some early spring cleaning!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2015 6:52 pm 

Love NG, I have about 30 1lb bottles of FO and EO from them. Some of the bottles dimpled from degradation (they are HPDE supposedly) but my shelves can't support the fragrances plus glass! If I notice a bottle starting to dimple at all I transfer the fragrance to a new bottle. Some of mine are 3 years old (ish) and still soap perfectly.

I've tried around 100 fragrances from NG, and only found 2 I dislike. But some of them do give me hives (a common issue I have with a lot of FOs).

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2015 5:21 pm 

I have only used NG, and so far have not found a reason to stop doing so. Results are across the board: some are real standouts, others no so much. Read the reviews. A few I really like:

Lime Cilantro (doesn't smell like cilantro to me or anyone else, but nice if you like lime)
Black Raspberry Vanilla
Green Tea
Mango Sorbet
Blackberry Sage (very sophisticated one of my faves)
Chocolate Amber (doesn't smell like chocolate to me, but a nice musky, woodsy smell)
Fresh Fallen Leaves (really unique, perfumey OOB but mellows into a complex scent)
Brown Sugar and Fig

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2015 8:16 pm 

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2015 4:37 pm 

I will always love BB, but the prices of NG are reallllly amazing. Even containers and whatnot.... cannot be beat. Its crazy. will be making a small order to see what I think

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2015 6:53 pm 

I'm a bit confused about plastic bottles too. Especially since I've somehow gotten many sample bottles! :lol: :roll:
But I do like most of the scents I've tried! I plan on using them for a few of the products in my business!

My shop: The Black Currant on Etsy!
My blog: http://www.theblackcurrantshop.wordpress.com
Also on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter & YouTube!