[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Undefined variable: Array
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Trying to access array offset on value of type null
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Undefined variable: Array
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Trying to access array offset on value of type null
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Teach Soap • View topic - The Soap Workshop Chronicle!

Teach Soap

Soap Making Recipes, Tips and Tutorials
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 10:43 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 111 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next
PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2012 2:55 pm 

Okie. I decided I'd like to make this thread describing the process of turning a "spare" room into a soaping workshop! I'll add pictures eventually too!

Day 1 (May 24): we moved Buttercup, my corn snake, to the other spare room for now. Moved the soap supplies and collectibles into the middle of the room. My husband took the electric sander to the wall where the former owner had hired a horrible handy man to patch the wall; the room used to house her washer and dryer but she moved them to the basement before selling the house. The man did a horrid job on that wall and painted over the bad patch and 3 kilograms of patching compound he used to "fix" the wall. My husband then removed all of the old expansion thingies you stick into dry wall to put screws into so they don't just pop out... this took him a while because some of them were an odd sort that he had to dig out rather than just pound through. Then I watched as he patched the large number of screw holes in the walls. Wow it was a lot of work watching him do, well, all of the work! :lol:

Day 3 (May 26): I got the glorious job of sanding the patches so my husband can do a second coat, maybe tomorrow. Selected the paint colour I plan to use... a pale aqua. Should be nice and bright. Also found a wall saying that I think will be perfect for the room! Have to remember to call our plumber tomorrow to get a quote! Can't do much in there until Thursday when my husband is off from work!

Pictures of the current room should be posted tomorrow when I have some light to take them with!

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2012 3:08 pm 

Congrats on your soaping space! Looking forward to pics.

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2012 4:33 pm 

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2012 7:46 pm 

Yes.....feed us......post pics.......

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2012 4:35 pm 

PICS MEOW!!

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2012 4:41 pm 

I know I know! I'm sorry! I keep forgetting until its dark out! :o Need to somehow remind myself during the day LOL :lol:

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2012 5:10 pm 

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2012 5:18 pm 

LOL :lol: I tend to only go in there when we are doing work (Thursdays and Fridays for now), it's super dusty!!! Too much sanding hehe

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2012 5:16 pm 

Still waiting for pics...pretty please? :cry:

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2012 9:02 pm 

I'm going to strap on a mask tomorrow and go in there to wipe the dust off the walls so my hubby can prime and paint it, I'll try my hardest to remember to get pics!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2012 6:16 am 

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2012 3:47 pm 

Yay! I love seeing soaping places!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2012 12:00 pm 

Okie! Picture time! I forgot to take them yesterday when I was cleaning up (wasn't feeling so hot either). So I grabbed some today! My husband and I (mostly him) primed the walls today. You can see the icky mauvy-purple-tan colour they were! Its much worse in person.. ick! :lol: Tomorrow we will paint the room a nice light aqua colour. Will get some more pictures then too! Next week its the floors I think.

Without further ado.... the workshop!
The far wall, will have a storage shelf and a fish tank:

The wall by the door, will house my 2 big storage shelves:

The counterspace wall, will have counters under the window. Actually partially in front of the window, too expensive to remove the window and make it smaller... and I'm cheap :P :lol:

The last wall will be used for counterspace and the closet will house a cabinet for my collectables and racks above that for curing soaps!

Oh yeah.. here is the current floor; a mixture of old vinyl and wall to wall carpet. This is coming out and being replaced with a high quality vinyl tile which will be sealed with wax so lye can't get in the seams.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2012 2:39 pm 

Lookin good! And a door to the outside too? Great for air movement!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2012 3:08 pm 

That's going to be fab when it's done Heather!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 111 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next