[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Undefined variable: Array
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Trying to access array offset on value of type null
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Undefined variable: Array
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Trying to access array offset on value of type null
Teach Soap • View topic - Doing a craft show, need advice on labeling my display

Teach Soap

Soap Making Recipes, Tips and Tutorials
It is currently Mon Jun 24, 2024 5:11 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 10:35 pm 

Hello everyone,

This Saturday I will be doing my first soap craft show. I need some advice on my display. Should I label my soap with just the name or should I also have a brief description of the soap which will include scent description and ingredients?

Thanks in advance,
Helen g.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 10:47 pm 

I would list the name of the soap and the ingredients. You could make a small poster with any descriptions and put that on your table with the soaps.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2010 6:34 am 

That may depend on how much room you have on your table. For sure you would want the name of the soap to be the most obvious, but after that I believe that a description of the scent would enhance your sales. Go to the search part of this forum and do a search because there have been other threads on this.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2010 7:29 am 

I only do two shows a year but for me I don't put up any names or descriptions of my soaps. They are labeled with the name and ingredients already (cigar bands). I stack each scent up into pretty pyramids or use tall glass containers (triffle dishes) to hold them and give more hight to the display and the customers pretty much just grab the tester bars that are unwrapped at the top of each pyramid or container and sniff away, then they look at the label to see what the name and ingredients are from the wrapped ones. Many don't even ask for a description, but I have printed out brochures for them to look at if they want more information or I will ramble on with the notes of the scent (sometimes having to look at the brochure myself because there are too many to remember off hand for me yet), or a cute short story of why I love that scent, etc. Works for me as I share a booth with a jewelry maker and rock hound and don't have much space for lots of display items.

Good luck with your show, they are a lot of fun!