[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Undefined variable: Array
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Trying to access array offset on value of type null
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Undefined variable: Array
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Trying to access array offset on value of type null
Teach Soap • View topic - Glass or Plastic which do,you prefer?

Teach Soap

Soap Making Recipes, Tips and Tutorials
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:24 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2014 11:01 pm 

I am trying to figure out which kind of jar to use for my face masks. Glass or plastic? Glass gives it an upscale look, but plastic is cheaper. Any opinions out there for which you would rather buy your face mask in?

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2014 8:50 am 

After I had a customer break a glass jar in their bathroom, I only use plastic. It's a liability issue.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2014 10:52 am 

I like the way glass looks for scrubs or bath salts. But soapbuddy does have a really good point, and plastic is cheaper like you said.

I think I would agree with soapbuddy about using plastic for face masks.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2014 2:05 pm 

I agree plastic is better, but then you run into bpa free etc. I know it is to a point what I would prefer. I think that plastic would be good, but from a cohesive standpoint would it be better to go with glass all the way around? Bath salt, bath teas, body oil, face mask, and etc. It would tie it all together. So I guess it would be better to go either glass or plastic.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2014 3:37 pm 

I personally prefer the look of glass over plastic, and there is little risk of chemicals mixing into your product like there is with plastic. Just make sure you either find some strong glass/shatter resistant glass or include a warning that covers the risk of the glass breaking!

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2014 6:54 pm 

Glass is also heavy to ship.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2014 8:07 pm 

Thanks for the help guys! I still haven't decided plastic or glass but I know that I want to use 8 oz and 16 oz jars though (for bath salts). I haven't found a jar that I really yet. :oops:

PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2014 10:26 pm 

I found the shape. It's the paragon shape from sks bottle. It's in plastic and glass. I'm thinking of going with the 6/12 oz vs the 4/8 oz setup. I could charge $2-3 more a jar and the customer gets 5/6 more masks/baths out of the whole thing.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2014 6:33 pm 

So I bought my glass jars and filled them. They turned out better than I thought. The colors of the face masks, bath teas, and bath salts really look splendid! Thank you all for your advice!

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2014 7:36 pm 

Awesome! So glad you found something that works great with your products!