[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Undefined variable: Array
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Trying to access array offset on value of type null
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Undefined variable: Array
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Trying to access array offset on value of type null
Teach Soap • View topic - Soap Recipe ?

Teach Soap

Soap Making Recipes, Tips and Tutorials
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:46 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Soap Recipe ?
PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2017 1:29 pm 

I am wanting to make a neem oil soap, and I was thinking of the following recipe. My goal is to help my hubby heal the breakouts he gets on his face or to help him not get so many break outs altogether. He has very oily skin.
Coconut Oil 25%
Avacado Oil 20%
Olive Oil 25%
Neem Oil 20%
Castor Oil 10%
Superfat 5%

If I want a slower trace for this recipe, would I want to use water as a percent of oil weight at 33% or lye concentration at 33%? Do you think these oils at these percentages would be quick to trace anyway?

Post subject: Re: Soap Recipe ?
PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 8:53 am 

Neem at 20% will accelerate trace. I would use full water and superfat at 7-8%.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2017 9:49 am 

I finally made the soap with a few changes, and it turned out a lot softer than I was expecting even after sitting in the mold for a week and a half to 2 weeks. I ended up freezing the soap to get it out of the molds which worked out great. I used the rectangle silicone molds. I ended up using less neem oil in the recipe, but I can't remember the percentages off the top of my head. I'll post them later today. My bars have been curing for about a month now, and they are much firmer.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2017 9:32 pm 

Thanks for sharing your percentages! Gives me something to base my first soap on.