[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Undefined variable: Array
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Trying to access array offset on value of type null
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Undefined variable: Array
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Trying to access array offset on value of type null
Teach Soap • View topic - First Rebatch Attempt

Teach Soap

Soap Making Recipes, Tips and Tutorials
It is currently Thu May 23, 2024 6:20 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: First Rebatch Attempt
PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2015 5:02 am 

I rebatched a soap i made with too much castor and oats which accelerated very fast and crumbled when i tried to cut it. I put it in the crock pot with some milk and it turned into this nice consistency. i whipped it and put it in the 10" silicone mold loaf and its been 3 days and its hardened a bit but im not sure if i shouldve stuck it in the mold. I think i may have used too much milk as well. Ive never rebatched before and i really dont want to throw out all this product. I was going for a man soap/shave bar but apparently failed!

Any tips or advice anyone can give me would be great. I also rebatched another soap and added a bit of milk and stuck it in the mold and that wasnt whipped but its not hardening either, i added a bit more oils as well to this second rebatch. im afraid im doing something wrong. theyre not lye heavy and now im afraid theyre more like lotions then soap and i may need to add mroe lye or something... idk.. someone help!? :?: :|

thanks for your time!! :)

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2015 5:24 pm 

The more oil you add at rebatch or more liquid, the softer the soap will be. If the soap was pretty new when you rebatched, there is no need to add more liquid.
Castor oil is considered a "soft" oil. At higher amounts, it can make the soap soft and sticky.

I would try freezing the mold and see if that makes unmolding easier.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2015 4:49 am 

Yeah i think i added to much milk. Its slimy and not cause the castor because i have a chunk of the soap by my sink before i rebatched and it was AMAZING! now its this sticky goopy weird foamy thing... lol im going to just market it as some kind of shave soap and lotion. UNLESS i can rebatch again and add maybe some soya wax or candelilla to harden it up? Any thoughts on this?

Yes my soap was pretty fresh and i know now i probably didnt need to add so much liquid =( i could pass it off as a melt or anything else really and give them away if they werent drenched in cold water FO. PURE MAN SMELL >.<

Im wondering, is there a way to make it "soap" again if too much liquid was used? or adding Pot flakes and turn it into a liquid soap? Has this happened to anyone before?

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2015 9:59 am 

I would not market it as a shave soap. Wet shavers demand long lasting, stable lather that looks like whipped cream.