Café Latte Soap
Recipe submitted by Erica of Bath Alchemy
17 oz. Coconut Oil
17 oz. Olive Oil
8 oz. Palm Oil
8 oz. Frozen Goat’s milk (by volume)
8 oz. Coffee with distilled water (by volume)
6.2 oz. Sodium Hydroxide (Lye)
2 oz. Vanilla Essential oil (by volume)
1/3 cup Coffee grounds (by volume)
1. Follow cold-process soap safety. If you have never made cold process soap before, I strongly suggest getting a couple of basic recipes under your belt before starting on this advanced recipe. Check out Soap Queen TV on Cold Process if you want to get started with cold process. It’s a series of FREE videos that will take you through the basics! Be sure to watch the episode on Lye Safety.
2. Melt your Coconut, Olive and Palm Oils down and mix them together. Allow this mixture to cool to 110-120 degrees Fahrenheit.
3. Make 8 ounces of a strong coffee using distilled water. Once your coffee has cooled, mix your lye with the coffee and allow the temperature to cool to approximately 150 degrees Fahrenheit.
4. Add your coffee lye mixture to your frozen goat milk and blend until the temperature is around 110-120 degrees Fahrenheit.
5. Add in your oils and stick blend. As your mixture thickens, add in your coffee grounds and scent at trace. Pour into your mold and allow to set and cure.