Recipe by Anne-Marie Faiola
This is a cross between a crème and a lotion. It can be placed in a jar or in a squeezable bottle. It will leave hands oily for ten or fifteen minutes so it’s not recommended for hands if you’re actively working, reading or playing sports as it will leave oil marks. It is designed to be super moisturizing for your elbows and knees.
3.0 oz. Cetearyl Alcohol/Ceteareth 20
0.3 oz. Beeswax
0.5 oz. Cocoa Butter
1.0 oz. Liquid Glycerin
1.5 oz. Sweet Almond Oil
1.3 oz. Jojoba Oil
0.5 oz. Evening Primrose Oil
3.5 oz. Aloe Vera Gel
3.5 oz. Distilled Water
0.12 oz. Phenonip or Germaben
.10 to .25 oz. of Fragrance or Essential Oil
Makes 12 oz. of luscious, creamy lotion.
1. Add the Cetearyl Alcohol/Ceteareth 20, Beeswax, Cocoa Butter, Sweet Almond Oil, Evening Primrose Oil and Jojoba to either a double boiler or microwave safe cup.
2. Melt all the waxes and oils together. Attempt not to boil the mixture.
3. Add the liquid glycerin, distilled water and Aloe Vera Gel together.
4. Stir all ingredients well and combine the two bowls/mixing glasses.
5. Add the Phenonip.
6. Use a stick blender to emulsify and mix the oils, waxes and Aloe Vera gel.
Note: This product will not set up until it is fully cooled. Do not pour into containers (squeezable containers are recommended) until you are certain that the lotion is fully blended and will not separate.